What is polyester
Polyester is a polymer in which the monomer units are linked together by the group COO, usually formed using a polyhydric alcohol. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-polyester )
More Answers to "What is polyester"
- Polyester is a category of poly mers which contain the ester functional group in their main chain. However! the term "polyester" as a specific material most commonly refers to polyethylene terephthalate (PET), which can be made in...
- Something that was on everyone in the 1970s! Yeech!
- It is a water-resisting tough synthetic fiber that is extensively used in car seat cover making mostly because of its moisture resisting features. But the material is used extensively in other areas as well. Polyester is a highly popular fa...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Q: Can i wash a all polyester pillow in the washing machine and will the cotton in side it dry in the drying machine?
- A: Yes you can. You will want to dry it on the low cycle and fluff it now and again. Make sure you wait till it's completely dry before putting back on your bed so you don't get mildew inside your pillow.
- How to clean a polyester coat?
- Q: I have an off white winter coat. It has a slick 100% polyester shell with 100% polyester fleece lining. It is just my every day wear warm, comfortable casual coat. Pacific Trail brand. Problem is, it gets filthy dirty around the pockets, cuffs, zipper, etc. It is machine washable but no amount of stain treatment, soaking, etc. I have tried gets out those particularly dirty spots. I need advice on how to effectively clean those stains. Thanks.
- A: lighter fluid and a match
- What exactly does polyester do in skinny jeans?
- Q: I was wondering if it adds stretch?I have 2 pairs with a blend of Ramie/Cotton/Polyester/SpandexI just want to find some good pairs that are stretchy to the point that at the end of they day they still look good, and the two pairs with those blends do. I hate the 99% cotton/1% spandex because they feel loose by time half the day is up.
- A: It makes them stretchy. Spandex does too. Pure denim jeans would be very stiff and unstretchable, which probably isn't a good thing for skinnies.
People also view