How do you make dredlocks
First, section off all of your hair, take one section down at a time and twist it, then put some wax on the twist and keep twisting until it holds its shape. Repeat til finished with all your hair. Rasta! ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-make-dredlocks )
More Answers to "How do you make dredlocks"
- How to make dredlocks?
- Backcombing Advantages: Hair looks like dreads the same day and reaches maturity faster than other methods. You can control the size and shape of the dreads, anywhere from thick and smooth to thin and sexy. It is an all natural method. Back...
- Who make dredlocks in puerto rico?
- You would have to find them by "word of mouth". Start your search on any "hippie" looking place or any place that sell a t-shirt with marijuana leaves.
- How to make your hair into dredlocks?
- I have been wanting dreadlocks for SO long. I tried to twice, it was impossible. I goggled it and tried there methods. But when my hair gets one length, I'm planning on ordering a kit online. Then doing it, thats the best way. But heres a v...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Who will be the first NFL player with Dredlocks or cornrolls to make the Pro football Hall of fame?
- Q: Also did anyone with a Jhuri curl get in?? I know Eric Dikerson is in but did his bust have a jhuri curl??Just give me some names. I think it will be cool to see the bust.
- A: Either moss or McNabb
- How does someone make their hair into dredlocks?
- Q: I've heard u can't wash it.I don't want them, just curious
- A: You bunch up the hair as tight as you can get it....it's best to have a friend help you. You tangle the hair up with a comb like you are teasing it ;but you pack it in real tight. You get it knotted up into a shape that looks like a dreadlock. Dreads take time; this is only the preparation for it; spanning over a period of about four to five weeks.If you leave the hair alone and don't wash it or comb it; it usually takes about 7 to 8 months before you have dreads. The secret is to use dread wax. You can use the wax to keep them clean. They will look fine while they are locking...and of course they will lock faster. Some people use toothpaste; but I don't recommend it...it isn't exactly formulated for hair. A good product might be Dread Head. They also make dread soap; and a substance to help your dreads tighten faster. After you get the hair knotted into the shape that you want; put rubberbands on each dredlock. Put one on the tip (end) of each dreadlock and one at the top, near the root. You'll take off the top one in a few weeks, leaving the tip on...the dredlock will swallow it as it grows and leave you with a nice round tip. Once they are secured; its time to wax them up. Use a hair dryer to heat the dreads as you wax them. This way the wax melts into the dread where it does the most good and the outside of the dreadlock won't feel waxy. Take about 1/2 a finger tip full of wax...squeeze and rub and twist it iinto each dredlock. Wax each deadlock at a time. You have to really want dreads to go through all this...but I think I answered your question.
- How to can I make my hair grow longer for dredlocks?
- A: Try a shampoo that has menthol in it as this stimulates the hair follicle. This is supposed to enhance the growth rate of your hair. its worth a try anyway
Prev Question: What is a antitragus piercing
People also view